Baby Gender Revealed by Dogs. It's a Girl! Toledo Maternity Photography.
Liza contacted me looking for a local maternity photographer who would also photograph their gender reveal party in Perrysburg, Ohio. She told me that this pregnancy was extra special as it came after years of her and her husband, Aaron, dealing with infertility. I could not be more excited to hear that they had received such happy news!
Liza told me about how she and Aaron already had two very important family members at home, two Newfypoos. These special dogs have been with them through several years of their conception journey. Luke and Lucy are their first “babies”. I told the dogs that they were “getting a puppy” in reference to their new human sibling.
Aaron and Liz had the most wonderful gender reveal party. The dogs got dressed in special bandanas to tell the group whether the little one is a boy or a girl. The whole group of family and friends waited outside for the dogs to reveal the baby’s gender. Just look at the excitement and joy on Liz and Aaron’s faces when they see that they are having a little girl! Aaron admitted that he was secretly hoping for a girl. He claimed that if they had a boy he would have also been happy but he was ecstatic that he could share his secret hopes.
Working with pets and their people is my specialty. Luke and Lucy are so lucky to have found such a wonderful home with Liza and Aaron! It was so beautiful to see all of these people celebrating with this incredible couple.
Liza let me ask her a few questions about their pups and their journey to this pregnancy.
1. What do you do? What does Aaron do? I work in Human Resources and Aaron works in healthcare.
2. How long have you been married? We’ve been married for 12 years.
3. Dogs names, ages, breed? Luke and Lucy. Both are 5. Brother and sister from the same litter who were bonded and we rescued at 8 months old. They are Newfies or Newfypoos. Newfoundland and Poodle mix.
4. Explain how they are a big part of your family. We are both huge animal lovers, and they are a part of all the decisions we make and travel with us on a regular basis. We include them in all aspects of our life.
5. What do the 4 of you enjoy doing together? We love going on walks together.
6. How long have you been trying to conceive? We have been trying to conceive for 10 years.
7. How did infertility impact your lives? Infertility has challenged us in many ways, but the main life lesson that has come from our struggle is that we can’t always plan things that happen in our lives. We had a plan and an image of how our life would play out and when we would have kids, but we had to let go and realize that sometimes it doesn’t matter what plans you have. Things happen when they are supposed to happen. We found more peace when we let go and let life happen.
8. What treatment lead to this pregnancy? This pregnancy was conceived through IVF.
9. What did it feel like to know you were pregnant? Knowing that we were finally pregnant was surreal. We never thought we would hear those words, so it took a little while to sink in and realize that this journey we were on was now a different journey into parenthood.
Congratulations to Aaron and Liza on their extra special pregnancy. The world cannot wait to meet your darling girl!
Photos taken in a private home in Perrysburg, Ohio
REBECCA TRUMBULL IS A MATERNITY, EVENT, AND PET PHOTOGRAPHER LOCATED IN TOLEDO, OHIO. SHE HAPPILY SERVES BOWLING GREEN, OHIO AND ALL OF NORTHWEST OHIO WITH HER PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY AND DOG PHOTOGRAPHY WORK.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET MORE DETAILS ON BOOKING A SESSION LIKE THIS ONE, PLEASE FILL OUT OUR CONTACT FORM!