Ball Python. Studio Photography. Bowling Green Ohio.
Let's get spooky.
It's not every day that you get to shoot with a ball python. Nicole Christine is a local Toledo area model that I have collaborated with in the past. She always has amazing theme ideas for photo shoots. This one might be one of my favorites. Nicole adores her pet python, Spooky. She has been hoping to get her in front of the camera for a while. We finally made it happen. I set them up in the photo studio at the Big Fab Lab in Bowling Green, Ohio.
Honestly, I had no idea what working with a snake would look like. I assumed that I would just let Spooky do her thing and we would hope for the best. She did not disappoint. Nicole was so gentle with Spooky, directing her but never forcing her to do anything she did not want to do. My priority when shooting with animals is to make sure they are treated with respect, in an ethical manner. Spooky's comfort and safety was more important to both of us, than having a successful shoot.
I asked Nicole to answer a few questions about Spooky, their relationship and the inspiration for the shoot. I hope you enjoy her answers. Be sure to share, comment and pin your favorite images!
- How old is Spooky? "She is a year and a half old now."
- What made you decide to get a snake? "I really love the feel of a snake's movements as their muscles tighten. When I held someone else's ball python I knew it would be the perfect pet for me one day."
- What's your favorite thing about her? "She has a lovely personality and very soft scales. She is very shy and sweet. Quite the easygoing pet."
- What inspired you to do a shoot with her? "I think she is beautiful and I am always drawn to strange and unusual forms of beauty."
- How did you like modeling with her? "I enjoyed modeling with her because she seemed to enjoy it as well. She likes to get active and adventure around when I get her out of her tank!"
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET MORE DETAILS ON BOOKING A SESSION LIKE THIS ONE, PLEASE FILL OUT OUR CONTACT FORM!